Friday, November 27, 2009

Lessons learned

When I first became a mother, I knew there would be lessons along the way, but I never realized how much I would be learning from my son on a daily basis. Although the lessons go both ways, what I learn from him far outweighs what he learns from me.

This week alone my son taught me the following three things (and these are the things I remember; I'm sure he's taught me others):

1. How to throw two "frisbees" (plastic container covers) at the same time, and the utter coolness thereof.

2. How to spit. (I can't say I mastered this lesson to his satisfaction... probably got a B-)

3. That momma's can't get tired, but it's ok for daddy's to get tired. I'm still working on this one. I am hoping to get clarification on the translation.

And for my part, the only lesson I taught my boy is the fine art of picking a Cheerio up by your tongue. (It is truly magical.)

So, three to one, he's the better teacher by far.

No comments:

Post a Comment